How do you clean your LO ear? My LO is 7months and I have not really clean it only use a water cloth to wipe it.. Is it clean?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There's actually no need to clean ears - they are self-cleaning and the wax is there to help protect the ears! They usually just get out on their own, so there's hardly any issues with it - but a small group of people may have excessive earwax issues. If you want to clean, a damp cloth (not wet/dripping) is sufficient - don't go into the ear or try to dig it with anything - especially when they're young because they might fidget and cause trouble!

Read more
VIP Member

I bought baby ear cotton from Mother care. Just gently clean. The design ear cotton specific for babies / toddler Must clean, if not have smells and dirt on the surface. Some babies will feel itchy n keep on “dig” their ears.

Read more
Super Mum

There’s no need to clean the inside of the ears, they’ll clean themselves. Just wiping the outside is fine. Using cotton buds may push the wax in further, causing problems. Same goes for adults

VIP Member

no need to clean, but if you want to clean, use cotton buds for babies and clean the outside only.

I use a wet cloth and wipe gently. It's not advisable to be digging or cleaning lo eats.

use baby ear pick

Cotton buds