How can I be a good father?

40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally -truly, madly deeply pamper your child daddy...if its a girl, treat her like a princess so that she knows to look for a father figure in the man she loves. If it's a boy...yeah pamper him too but be the best buddy you can and teach him to win the hearts of women with acceptance and not coercion..;)

Read more

...be a good person then become a good honest man. Once done you are ready to become a father. Being a father , for me, entails many decision making that will directly impact your family's direction. If you have goodness in your roots and you stick to it, it will definitely branch out.

VIP Member

By doing the things you want your child to do when he grows up. Now this do not necessarily means following your footsteps because really, everyone has their own path, including your child. This means you setting as an example of how to live a that is meaningful and satisfying.

VIP Member

I think it's awesome that you are trying to be a good father :) that's the first step in being a good dad. I personally wish my father was more involved in my life - spending time with me - asking me about my day and trying to get to know my friends and things I cared about.

Communication. Simple as that. I grew up with a father who didn't speak too much and kept praises and concerns about me at a distant. He kept asking me how I was doing through my mother instead. Because of that, I wasn't able to create a true relationship with him.

There is no specific way of telling if you are a good father. Id say its about being there, giving time for the family. Playing with your kids. Not just about bringing money. The job does not end there. Most importantly being the pillar for your family.

Don't worry about being a great dad. Being a good dad starts with being a good husband. We can get up with wife for late-night feedings. It is no easy and we must try our best .understanding wife is very important and spending more time with baby .

While being there for your child is good and all, I believe a good father must know when he needs to give some space for the child to develop and explore. Giving this space and opportunity to grow will enable to child to mature and grow up.

I think being a great modern father starts with recognising that you are half of a parenting team. That means that you pick up half of all parenting responsibilities and try your best to be the person that you want your child to become.

No matter how busy you get, always make time to bond with them. Don't put too much pressure on your child. Try not to project your own frustrations on them and encourage them to be their own person. Lastly, listen without judgment.