“Wages” for in-laws or parents

Hi, is your baby/child looked after by your parents or in-law? If yes, do you pay them monthly, this is apart frm the expenses incurred by baby such as diaper, food, formula, etc

44 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes of cos, I paying them for some expenses as how much I earn. Because some nanny outside already ask for 600-700 for look after, over night more than that. So I think that should give.

what if I am hiring a maid for them solely? to help them with the cleaning cooking etc etc... do I have pay them too? baby necessities will be provided by me.

Yes we did pay them monthly. As for baby diaper food formula we buy ourselves. my parents will help us to buy if going to finish if we busy in work

Yes,I will pay back to them and i will provide all the baby thing to them. If they got help me buy somthing to baby, i also will pay back money to my parents.

yes. my mum helps me to look after my kids previously and i pay her monthly like 500 to 600. i find that is the thought that counts. not the amount.

My sister pays her mil $200 per month for cooking and looking after her son. But she provide everything & sometimes buy groceries.

For me i give my mother monthly allowances $300 only. Diaper n milk n etc i buy . If PIL; i dont give. Usually my husband give.

VIP Member

Give at ur own comfort and ability amount. If u say market rate, maybe it the nanny rate, they work like a nanny after all.

I give my parents monthly allowance and top up a bit for helping me to take care.. Diaper, formula and food I provide..

In-Law never give money only accept chinese new year so I just give food to eat when they take care my baby.