Who looks after baby?

Hi Mummies and Daddies, can you guys share with me who looks after your baby once you resume back to work? What if both your parents and in-laws are not capable to look after baby due to old age? And financially tight to place baby in infant care or get a helper. Our BTO is still not ready so at the moment just both our parents home. How do you guys manage in this kind of situation? Or if you were in this situation?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Get a helper and install camera at home. It is cheaper as compared to infant care. Helper can also can help on household chores so you can spend time with your LO after work or during weekends. For me, I have my mom to come over in morning to supervise the helper and LO. And when my husband returned home from work in the afternoon, my mom will go home.

Read more

i also got financial problm, my in laws age abt 60plus , we take turns to look aftr it, we teach them hw to prepare milk..etc, after wk we back hme take over them,let them rest then off day i and my hubby will take care all day, if they not feeling well , either me or my hubby or both will take AL or childcare leave to take care

Read more
VIP Member

I will choose infant care over helper. Teachers are more well trained and they can teach or advicd you how to handle or train baby. You can go for Sparktots ones which are cheaper after Government subsidy. Hang in there! 💪

Any siblings or relative can help? If no, then consider nanny. Domestic helper is another choice provided you trust her or parent/in-law can supervise.

Actually infant there got subside and if income nv over 12k, there are additional subsidy.. you can try as I facing almost same issue as u..

VIP Member

A helper would be cheaper than ifc, and able to help to offload the burden if your in laws are assisting to look after

VIP Member

Infant care may be able to get more subsidy if u are lower income, on a case to case basis

TapFluencer

Normally, my kids stay in different households throughout the week.

VIP Member

Infant care may solve your problem

VIP Member

Maid or nanny