Do your in laws or parents still nag at you?

Do your in law or parents still nag at you like e.g. always shower so late (10-11pm), so late eat dinner, why never exercise, body and fat shaming? How to stop them from saying all these? Losing my sanity alr.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my reply may be a tad too late but I hope it helps some. After I had my daughter, my mom videocalled me (during covid lockdown) and nagged at me to not drink any cold water so that I wouldn't become fat post pregnancy. I then told her that I have already lost all my pregnancy weight, to which she pointed out that there was fat rolls seen on the videocall. I was honestly hurt that my own mother indirectly called me fat when I was only 1month+ post partum. even though her nags came from a good place but it still hurt. After that comment, I was bothered for 2 days and subconsciously became very sensitive about how I looked. then I decided it could not go on. thus, I confronted my mom. I told her calmly that her words have hurt me and that this should not be things that you say to ANYBODY post pregnancy. even more so towards someone that you truly love and care for. my mom apologised and we moved on. sometimes I think the other party doesn't realise the things they say hurts us. the only way to deal with it is confrontation in calm manner so the other party will not get defensive or worked up or feel accused. explain how the things the say will affect how you think and feel. if they truly love and care for you, they will understand 😊

Read more

I ever had this outsider whom my in law side treat him as their own family. He visited my husband house very often for dinner. So Just half a year into preparing for my wedding, he started to make comments like “don’t eat too much rice” “don’t eat this you will get fat” and all the bullshit. Somemore it was CNY where everyone was enjoying good food and he there just being annoying and kills my mood. Even worse he still wanna interfere what I ate during my pregnancy. Annoying to the max. So whenever he came up to my husband place, I will just hide in the room until he is gone even if that means I had to skip dinner.

Read more

No but I nag my wife at timesđŸ˜