Can i dye my hair during early pregnancy?

I usually dye my hair every 4 months as I have alot of white hair that grows out quickly. Now my hair abit cacat so I wanted to know if I could dye my hair if not, I need to wait till my child is born and I'm not breastfeeding anymore? I'm about 3-4 weeks pregnant now.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a lotttt of white hair too, thanks to genes, my hair stylist tells me my entire head’s like 90% white and it doesn’t help that my hair grows out quickly. I used to dye my hair every 3 weeks but now I try to drag it out to 5-6 weeks. My gynae advised against hair dyeing during the first trimester, so I really tahan the comments people made about how old and shag I looked… gynae gave the green light to dye my hair from 2nd trimester onwards, but only ammonia free hair dye. So I go to the organic hair salon to get my hair done. Just not as frequent as I did pre-pregnancy. But I do believe with our bodies changing so drastically during pregnancy, one way to help us feel better about how we look is to dye the whites. So it’s up to individuals how comfortable you are!

Read more
4w ago

Organic express hair colour lab!

The hospital guide book & gynae mentioned it’s ok to dye hair anytime during pregnancy~ I managed to hold out for months and now that I’m at my last 1+ month from EDD, I’m likely going for one dye to look nice throughout delivery and confinement months :)

I asked gynae he said no 😂 but I read they said to avoid dyeing during first tri. I tahaned all the way till third tri and dyed my hair. I wanted to dye again before giving birth cos I wanted to look good, but didn't have time and baby is out 😂

I only dyed my hair after I completed trimester 1 :) however I think it’s up to individual. You can always opt for ammonia free hair dye for a safer option!

not in 1st trimester. but I dyed my hair at 18 weeks. I went to a hair stylist who uses organic henna dye and only did the roots to cover greys.

if its only the roots, u can consider hair powder. Those wash out easily,just tt need to apply everyday. it's like makeup for your hair haha

I dyed my hair few dahs before edd. But i didnt bleach. I just dye myself using garnier hair color, which i read is safe for pregnancy.

You can dye hair throughout pregnancy but avoid putting dye on scalp- 1 cm from scalp is OK. and wear a face mask to not breathe fumes.

i dyed with organic/ammonia free dye during my 2nd tri :). my hair stylist didnt touch my roots to be safe.

check with gyane and inform your salon . some salon will do, some will ask doc memo