to burp or not to burp?

Have you ever milk your baby till they sleep? If yes, do you burp them or just let them sleep? Forever feeling guilty for wanting to burp them coz they will wake up but if never burp, im afraid if they will be gassy.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby will never wake up even when I’m burping her or changing her diapers after feeding in the middle of the night. She sleeps like a baby, literally. 😂 but even so, she doesn’t burp because she’s not awake. So I will just keep her upright about 5-10mins before I put her down to sleep again. During day time, I’d feed on cue. Latch most of the time. I don’t wake her up, I’ll let her wake up on her own and check my Baby Tracker app if she needs a feed or a diaper change.

Read more

my lo’s body puts everything on pause the moment she falls asleep, she could be very fussy after milk but halfway thru burping if she falls asleep she will not burp until she wakes up 😅 sometimes if she tries to poo and falls asleep she also will not poo

VIP Member

I use to not burp baby when i nurse her side lying but my i felt bad when lo wake up feeling gassy , from then on no matter how sleepy baby is , i will wake lo up. . Much improvement. Lo always wake up with a smile..

Always burp your baby before you put them down to sleep. Or else your baby would feel uncomfortable, because their stomach is very small and there might be chances that the milk will back-flow. 😊

VIP Member

I won't burp my baby if its at night time. dowan to risk her waking up and have to entertain her the next 2hrs or so hahah ill only during day time even if she fall asleep.

VIP Member

I burp gently although it'll take longer time. Just don't want to risk any possibility of her having any reflux or discomfort from a gassy tummy 😊

Super Mum

I just like to hold baby upright for a while before laying them down after the feed. I generally feel that you shouldn’t wake a sleeping baby.

VIP Member

Yes, I will still burp because she will end up waking up due to gas. But you can stop burping after your baby turns 4-5 months.

VIP Member

If newborn then better to burp. For my 21 mo baby, I will just latch sideways till she fell asleep and i will let her sleep.

I will burp in the day, but before her sleep time will depends. If I tried but she does not burp then I will let her be