We have been married for 14 years and have two kids, but my wife is increasingly getting involved in my kids life and studies. So much that she has started ignoring me. I feel very lonely. How do I get her attention back?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess, this happens with most of the women. And you never know, she, too, is finding herself lonely and to fill up that loneliness, she spends as much time with the kids and doing their chores. You should initiate by getting her flowers, giving her a hug or a peck on her cheeks if you are not doing it. You can call someone to babysit the kids and take her on a surprise dinner date. In doing all this, do not forget to have one family outing where kids are there, as women start feeling guilty of having a good time without the kids. Balance is the key here. You can take a day off once in while and when kids are in school, you both can cook together, spend quality time talking, giggling, sharing jokes etc. You can plan movie dates. You can book a spa session for her. Call her from office when she is not expecting, get things that she is fond of. Women like attention, so give her that. Basically, begin with pampering her. And if she has got so much involved in everything else but you, she would understand that you too want her.

Read more