Has any mum faced any complications after taking epidural? Could you pls share your experience?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel an epidural is the worst experience ever. I was given one for C section for my elder son. Though I faced no complications but till now face it's after effects...pain in the lower back. I never had it till after this epidural. Hence for my second son I opted for a C section under general anesthesia. I wanted to be completely out... didn't want to stay awake for the procedure. It's actually traumatic as u can hear everything the doctors speak or even get the sensation of the instruments being used. Though it's pain free but as I have a very low threshold for hospitals and operating rooms etc.i had to choose between epidural or general...

Read more

Hi, My SIL took epidural for her delivery but thankfully she did not face any complication, rather everything went smooth and the process which could have taken longer hours was cut short. Nerve damage which is associated with epidural injection is a very rare condition. In this nerve or a group of nerves can be damaged permanently to cause paralysis, which again is a very rare thing to occur. This can happen because of direct injury caused by the needle. It can further lead to Haematoma, or blood clot.

Read more