epidural or normal?

How epidural n normal make diffrence in labour experience? Pls share your beautiful story

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First time mum and my labour experience was without epidural. Took the gas, but i felt that it only helped to relax my mind abit, pain was still very much felt and it made me more angsty. My poor husband got lots of scolding from me. Thinking back, although doctors kept on asking if i want epidural, i did not regret not taking it. Generations of women delivered without it, and it kept me going. I just focused on my breathing. I guess its all in the mind, and each person's pain treshold. Nevertheless, epidural or not, there is no right or wrong. Every labour is magical in its own way.

Read more

Everyone has different pain threshold. I had epidural 4 times cos I couldn't stand the extreme pain. I was induced all 4 times. Able to sleep during contractions. The last epidural I took was 9 years ago. So far all is good. No side effects for me. Gas mask does not work at all for me. It only makes me kind of in my own world, made me puke and was still in extreme pain. Go with what your body can tolerate. If you can go natural, do it. But if you can't, it's okay.

Read more

Wanted normal but ended up with epidural as could not take the pain when dilation is going from 7 to 8cm. Epidural allows one to be pain free and you can really engage your partner and be more present in the birth process. But as I took epidural later, I did not have the urge to push and ended up with assisted delivery.

Read more

Epidural! By right i do not intend to have epidural but my contraction went worse till i have to inject epidural, there's side effects as for me i shiver a lot and after birth i had fever. But the best thing was you do not feel any pain during contraction and labour.

VIP Member

I took epidural as my threshold for pain is super low. 😃 the pain kicks in strongly after the epidural wears off. but looking at your newborn afterwhich - nothing matters anymore!

Epidural! I can’t even handle my menses cramps so I know from the start I need that! As much as I want it to be normal. I’m sorry! Labour was quick afterwards.

VIP Member

For epidural, you won’t feel painful contractions but only pooping feeling now and then when baby drops down to pelvis. :)

would you rather suffer from shivering or pain? if pain -> normal birth, with epidural -> painless but will keep shivering

i dont feel any pain during labour and delivery. thanks to epidural 😁