Epidural

What are the side effects of epidural during labor? Please share your experience if you had any. Thanks :)

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

took epidural for both my labor, 1st time no so good experience, kinda scared bcos I almost straightened my body (almost become a veggie), 2nd time is good, the old nurse hold my hand and keep me calm, and probably the anesthesiologist is also good he keep talking to me, no pain, not feeling anything. after the epidural a bit shivering, but it's ok, u cannot feel the contraction pain and no side effect afterwards for me

Read more
Super Mum

During: none ( good that I opt for it... Best choice) After: vomited right after labour😭 (cannot eat too much if you want epidural) quite sad as baby only had skin to skin with me for few seconds as I feel nauseous right after giving birth.

Non stop shivering n chills, I was in two layers of blanket, wanted ask for more but the nurse said that will overheat the baby. So had to bear with the chills

during : shivering, itchy chest, thirsty after deliver baby: thirsty, vomiting (i drank so much plain water during labour that i vomitted all out after that) 😂

VIP Member

No side effects but only positivr effects..so shiok ! hehe i get to sleep and rest b4 starting pushing. If youre relax, your cervix will dilate faster :)

4y ago

Wow you’re the only one who said it’s shiok hehe. Glad it worked out well for you :)

Shiver uncontrollably and a little itch on my chest. Legs felt pins and needles but not the painful one you get when you sit too long.

I only felt pins and needles on my legs(ma bi feeling) during the whole time that I m on epidural but no side effects after..

i remembered i felt super thirsty and itchy.. not sure if it was from epidural.. other than that nothing else

VIP Member

Oh i was shivering like crazy throughout my second kid’s labour.. my first n third i didnt have any

Vomit right away after the baby is out. It was crazy i wouldn’t use epidural anymore