Had been a stay-at-home-mum for one year plus. Planning to go back to workforce. Can I know how to handle? Settle the kids first or look for jobs and go interview first? Thanks. Also, is there any job that does not require OT? Hubby works late and I guess I have to fetch my kids on time.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would settle e kids first. At e start, when tchers r not able to handle them, they will call u to pick them up when they have fever etc.. I gana before.. I have work and they wan me to pick him back.. So i have to cancel wad I have to do and go fetch him. It gets irritating when u receive calls from them. In e beginning in childcare, u may be needed to attend to them.. So settle them first. If they r doing gd there, den u slowly go search for job and go for interview. U can have a piece of mind and settle ur things smoothly.

Read more
VIP Member

I would suggest settling the kids first. Ensure they are smooth and ok with the school before going into workforce. Best job to be able to leave i would say office job. But sometimes you have to explain to your boss before hand during the interview that you need to pick your kids by a certain time. One way to 'cover' more work is the bring some work home too.

Read more

Have you considered freelance, adhoc, or even part time. That would be good for a start. It would help you and the kids to adjust. Best to settle the kids first. So at least they are secured then you can focus on whatever you want to do next.

I suggest settling the baby in first as in your first month of your job you really want to impress and absorb as much as possible. Hard to do both as when you put baby in childcare you will need to take lots of leave to make baby feel settled.

Maybe u can consider to work half day basis which is long term type so that u no need to rush to childcare everyday to pick your child.pay will not be earning as much as what u used to be.

I am facing this too! In the end I'm doing both concurrently. Visiting childcare centres and applying for jobs. As both have a waiting period. Good luck!

Can try p/t sales assistant