Confinement lady does simple house chores?

Does your confinement lady do simple house chores such as mopping floor and light washing of toilet?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Mine didn’t indicate washing toilet. So far was washing n sterilising milk bottles , clean steriliser , laundry : hanging and keep tidy( baby & I) , basic cleaning for kitchen after meals : sweeping , mopping also clean cooking stove area. Prepare bathing herbs and help to wash etc

Read more
3y ago

Also to add on, both the agency and nanny are doing their job, but there is no sufficient communication therefore the grievances. As long as you don't have expectation on the cleaning part, nanny will still do her part on taking care of baby (more in the traditional way) and focus very much on cooking.

Confinement lady don’t wash toilet. Mine is 3.7k but she only help cleaning the house weekly if she have time. She only clean up the kitchen and wash baby and mom clothes etc. toilet is not their role please get your hubby to help if needed as you definitely cannot wash ya. 🙂

Yes mine currently does these on her own accord but I understand it isn’t standard practice. Guess I got lucky!

No. Nanny is supposed to help with your baby only. She is not a maid.

3y ago

It was mentioned in the contract on the basic sweeping & mopping and light cleaning of toilet though.

Nope

Nope