Do you give fish to your lo. May i know wat kind of fish type. How do u cook it. My lo is 7months

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Baby, yes , I do give my LOs fish as they are high in DHA. You can try to introduce salmon which contain high levels of DHA and taurine which are important building blocks for brain and eye development. Try this easy to follow recipe out: Ingredients: Friso Gold rice-based milk cereal 6 tbsp Warm water 200ml Salmon fillet 1/4 cup Tomato 1 tbsp Preparation: - Remove skin and bones from salmon fillet, then dice - Peel, seed and dice tomato - Steam salmon and tomato for 8 minutes, then mash with blender - Mix Friso Gold rice-based milk cereal with warm water. Add salmon and tomato mash. Stir well. Happy preparing

Read more
Post reply image

Yes I usually give salmon and cod fish. I will buy the middle portion or the fillet part. You can also let the fishmonger know you want to cook for baby and he will know which part to give you. What I do is just plainly steam the fish separately from the porridge and feed it to my gal. She loves it. If the fish is fresh you won't have to worry about how to cook it because steaming it will already be good enough.

Read more

being in india, i started giving rohu and katla fish to my baby around 7 months of age, after carefully taking out any bones that could be there. i simply boiled the fish and gave. initially i gave without salt or anything, slowly added salt later and even after that added black pepper too.

VIP Member

i will start with mild tasting fish first. Threadfin Fish is a good choice. You can steam it or cook it together with the porridge as a fish porridge. Salmon you can start around 9 months old. But do some taste test as the salmon taste can be quite strong.

Read more

My LO is 7 mth old too. So far for fish I've only given salmon. I can't cook at all. So I just put the salmon into boiling water ... but I tasted .. still have salmon taste

i started giving fish around the 8th month. it was fresh water fish and i gave it in a boiled form to begin with.

VIP Member

Usually i give Treadfin Fish. I steam the fish and vegetable. Later add with plain porridge

Codfsh panfried with mashed potatoes and carrots are lovely!

Threadfin simmered with rice or pasta.