Sleeping problem

Hi..my girl is 3 wks old and she get cranky when she want to sleep. I am breastfeeding + top up formula milk (coz not enough supply). But i cannot calm her when she is cranky coz she want to be nurse when i carry her, even when she is already full. I am getting very stress up coz my confinement nanny is going off soon and i cannot calm my baby...anyone have such issue and how to resolve it?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Been thru something like that previously. My babe was also a mix feed baby too. It is tough but gradually got better. I ensure thay baby is well-fed, diapers fresh, and swaddled tightly, and carry and pat to sleep before putting down. If u dont mind the use of pacifier, u can gv it a try, since u mentioned baby just wants to be nursed frequently. Perhaps its their sucking reflex, pacifiers can help to soothe and calm them down.

Read more

Can try playing soothing instrumental music during sleep time so to create a peaceful environment and give baby the cue that it's time to sleep. Also good to create day and night time routine, especially more exposure to light in day and less at night to help w baby's meridian clock.

I used pacifiers to soothe my girl as she is very cranky at night. I realised she likes to suck for comfort and decided to introduce her to pacifiers only at 6 weeks old but only during night time when she is really very cranky.

Super Mum

Its ok to nurse baby to sleep. Baby's not necessarily feeding when comfort nursing, so she won't be overfed. https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/comfortnursing/

Wa... I rmb I need to rest confinement weak and tired but my child very Cranky during midnight I have to drag myself up to sing and carry him. Nightmare...

Need sleeping aids, introduce pacifier preferably after she's 1 month to prevent nipple confusion. Try swaddling and patting with pacifier. Works for me.

I feel you! I will nurse my baby to sleep and this soothes and calms her. ☺️

Super Mum

Also. Her teeth could be growing. Cause her to be cranky

Super Mum

Try using Spotify and play baby music or white noise

Super Mum

Could be colic. Do check with PD in the next visit