Baby only drink milk when sleeping

FTM here. Anyone have issue with baby refuse to drink milk when she is awake even though she is hungry? She keeps turning the head and will scream, her stomach is so empty as well. So i know she is hungry. We can only feed her when she is about to sleep, i am afraid this become habit. It has been going on for more than 1.5 months. We have changed 3 formula, any idea what should i do mummies? It gets better with friso. Previously even in her sleep she dont want to drink milk (nan and enfamil) Should i start puree early? She is 4 months.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I want to know why also. I tried changing teats, room, aircon, direct latch, baby keep latching drink for 1 mouth, scream, arch his back and turn head away and turn back to search for nipple again, only to latch drink for 1 mouth, scream, arch his back and turn away again and repeat for at least 10 times until I buay tahan and sit him up for a burp where he will scream even more. Same case for bottle.

Read more
4mo ago

My baby is 3 months now. Never had this problem before

I think it’s better that you speak to your pd first before starting puree. Is it because of the teat? Milk flow too slow/fast? Is baby having bloating stomach? Wet diaper? Room too hot/cold? Sometimes it’s a phase that comes and goes. Sometimes I need to feed my 8 month old several times to finish a bottle of 120-150ml. We feed her during her sleep too

Read more
4mo ago

No to all questions. PD told us we need to find a way to feed. PD told me up to parents if want to start puree at 4 months. It has been 2 mnth plus i doubt it is just a phase It has been stressful journey for us

Sameeeee….!! I feel that babies are very clever, they know after milk time is sleep, and everything is new and interesting to them, they dun wanna slp. Hope it’s just a phrase. My baby is 5.5 months now, same problem.

4mo ago

How long has it been for you?

My baby has had the same issues since the beginning, only drinking milk when shes sleepy..,.. shes still doing that, and shes 17 months old now 😅😅😅😅

4mo ago

But at least she is on solid now! Mine solely depends on milk