A friend of mine is a bit worried about security reasons as times have really bad especially for a girl who travels alone. Her daughter travels to college sometimes in rickshaw or cabs with a college friend who lives nearby her area. This friend is a boy and very chivalrous. He ensures that he drops my friends daughter to her home first and then goes home. But my friend worries that something shouldn't go wrong in their daily commute. The horrors we daily face of molestation, rape, robbery and murders are scaring her to the point of putting a lot of restrictions on her daughter. What tips can she give to her kid for helping her remain guarded?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would say one of the first things you need to make sure your kids carry is a pepper spray, but only once they are of an age when they can use it properly (as it can otherwise harm even the person who is using it as a defense). some other tips you should teach your kid are: 1. not to drink with friends or in groups where there are strangers - if at all they do, call up the parents and ask to be driven back home with parents 2. not going for house parties without asking 3. not taking a walk at a deserted stretch, whether it is in the day or after dark 4. learning some or the other form of self defense technique

Read more