A friend of mine is a bit worried about security reasons as times have really bad especially for a girl who travels alone. Her daughter travels to college sometimes in rickshaw or cabs with a college friend who lives nearby her area. This friend is a boy and very chivalrous. He ensures that he drops my friends daughter to her home first and then goes home. But my friend worries that something shouldn't go wrong in their daily commute. The horrors we daily face of molestation, rape, robbery and murders are scaring her to the point of putting a lot of restrictions on her daughter. What tips can she give to her kid for helping her remain guarded?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No doubt the incidents that we hear and read scare us to bits and it really becomes a matter a concern that our kids remain safe when they go out home. But this thought cannot make us bind the movement of our kids and take away the peace of our mind when they are out. I think we should teach our kids to be cautious about their surroundings when moving out. Not to take short cuts through secluded areas to reach early. If late then make call at home, and let parents come over to fetch them. And I think one must enrol kids in basic self defence classes where they learn to use their common sense and how to get out of a problematic situation if stuck. Tell them the emergency numbers to have in their speed dial list. Also, if caught in a problematic situation then always scream so that people gather and come for help.

Read more