Just felt like ranting a bit. When I was pregnant, a particular aunt of my hubby's loved to touch me. She is in her 50s and has a 25yo son of her own. I am not at all close to her but she kept patting my baby bump expectedly. She even stroked my butt and placed her hands and slide down fr the side of my waist down to my hips! At my baby's full month celebration, she actually came up to me to say "you still need to work hard and slim down abit more" when in fact the whole world was politely lamenting that I have shrunk and gone back almost to my pre-pregnancy size! Recently at a family gathering (when baby was 5mo), the first thing she did when she saw me, was to check me out from head to toe and comment, ok you slimmed down?! Like seriously?! She is not slim herself and does not run a modelling agency nor a gym nor a bootcamp. Why can't these people keep their hands to themselves and keep their mouth shut?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel u too.. I got an aunt oso somehow like this... My father sil somemore.. And she love to say.. Wow.. U fatter den ur older sister.. Lol.. I alway shoot back.. Oh. Becoz i got 2 kids she got 1. Lol.. Make myself happy. Anyway to make myself more haooy.. I much taller den my sis and i got heavybone.. That is y i much look bigger den my sis. Hahhahahahha.. Dun bother wad other say.. I alway right ear in and left ear out.. Sometime oso no in.. Hahaha.

Read more
8y ago

haha.. sometimes hard to one ear in one ear out. Esp if same person likes to target you. Very annoying these older folks. Somemore she is the more modern kind.. I am not her niece but her nephew's wife and I am not close to her at all... Even my own close family members respect me.

I would ignore her first time and maybe the second time. Afterwhich if it happens again ill tell her to stop. She may not know that you are uncomfortable. Perhaps it would be good helpful to voice out or if you rather not, avoid her? Lol.

8y ago

Hubby asked me to endure.. and I wanted to avoid her. But she always spring surprise on me at family gatherings. I already try very hard to steer clear. she will find her way to touch me somehow or pass remarks. Nvm After ranting I feel better...

Some people are like this. I will just ignore or if u have the guts say somethg equally back to her. That will teach her not to be so insensitive and rude. But best advice just ignore her. You can't please everybody.

8y ago

Thanks! I have been caught offguard each time this aunt 'molests/gropes" me. I am very affected because my mom and sis don't even do that to me. They respect the personal space and that not everyone likes to be touched... I have ignored her and attempted steering clear of her. She just can stealthily make her way to me and touch me from behind and then laugh and walk away! No respect for someone and their personal space. Thanks anyway.. just wanted to rant a bit. grrrr

You should explain to her how rude she is being. Otherwise, how will she learn that her behaviour is unacceptable?

8y ago

Sigh...my hubby stopped me from telling his aunt that what she did was making me uncomfortable. I was fuming mad.