Mil issues

My mil likes to brag and make stuff up like some of the stuff she bought but she said she cooked them.. she even lied about that my fil will come over to my place to help me look after my boy when i return to work.. end up my fil couldn't come over as he isn't comfortable due to he hasn't look after baby for a long time.. She is also those very traditional kind of mil and always wanted me to learn their family dialect since I'm married to his son.. the irnoy part is she can speaks Chinese and her own children also can't understand or speak their family dialect.. I've always remained in silent even when at times she criticised me.. as i felt that she is an elderly and also my husband's mother hence i would give her some respect.. whereas my bil she is more outspoken and more daring hence my mil in more afraid of her and dare not offend her.. When I'm pregnant my mil doesn't even cared much for me.. and it doesn't bother me much and cared.. as i would prefer to be left alone.. It's only recently I've given birth and i find she has been crossing my limits.. at times i really cannot take it and feel like talking back to her. especially when she snatch my baby away from me. I know she misses her grandson but snatching him away really makes me feel uneasy.. when i says snatch she really is snatching.. she also own it that she forcefully take baby away from me as she wants to carry him and be close to him.. she also likes to carry him to the places where i can't see my baby.. like to her room or corridor.. she gave me a feeling that she wants to distant me with my baby.. and i really hate this feeling.. When I need to return to work after my maternity leave and ifc has yet to have slot she also keeps calling my husband and pyscho him to put my boy at her place full day which I've denied. I know whats her ill intention and I'm not letting it to happen so during the 1 and a half month I've been working and looking after my boy all by myself with a little help from my aunt.. it was tough period but I'm glad i did it.. There was once she even said that I'm giving my boy stress when I've to sent my boy to ifc at such young age and when I'm teaching my boy how to hold his own milk bottle.. I'm seriously so annoyed by the comment.. I'm a FTM with a rainbow baby and I've been the only caregiver to my baby with no helper not even during my confinement period. Am i being too uptight with my baby? I cannot imagine when the time i need to teach my son and she keeps interfering.. I know it's a long post but i just needed a place to rant..

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Totally understand dear. Stand your ground and do what you will is best for you and your child. Important to communicate it to your husband as well. Jia you and take care!