Feeling depressed at week 29

Hi fellow mummies, I’m FTM in my 29th week and in the past 2 weeks, I’ve been feeling down, many times I’ll just cry and feel sad and lonely in this journey even though my husband is physically with me. This negativity gets worse at night and I can’t seem to bring myself to do things and I keep feeling there’s nothing to smile about. Being tested positive for covid last week and having to quarantine at home made things worse. Is this normal and any tips on how to get over these hormonal mood swings? Is this a side effect of GD?Thanks.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i am currently 34weeks pregnant. i felt the same way during my 1st trimester. sad, lonely and would cry for no apparent reasons. i felt empty and restless. morning sickness and horrible food aversion made everything 10 times worst. i dropped to 48kg and i hated almost all kind of smells. i even texted my mom and told my husband i don't want to be pregnant anymore. always wondered why having this baby is not making me happy or excited but horrible instead. feels guilty to think about it now, to whatever i said before of not wanting the baby no more. everynight or whenever im alone, i will cry. i tried to think positively but it was hard. my hormones was all over the place. i was lucky enough to have a supportive husband who helped me throughout and assured me that its normal to feel that way and tried to pamper me in the best possible ways. talking to someone about it helps too. i spoke to my close friends who was pregnant before and my mom. they had experience and it helped me a lil. to be honest, i don't have any tips how to get over it because i didn't really get over all of it. it eventually all magically disappeared when i entered my 13months. i felt sooo much better in my 2nd trimester and gotten back my appetite. hang in there! it will get better. and no, i don't have gd so its not the side effect.

Read more

Hello FTM here too! I started having depression in my week 8-10 and I talk to a girlfriend who happened to be a counseler. She helped me a lot, I cried in front of her for the whole of 1st session and subsequent sessions I was much better in terms of my mood and emotion. I think it is important to talk to someone who is able to help u. My hubby was physically with me but I do still feel lonely too as he don't understand what I'm going through as a first time mum. I read that 70% of FTM experience some kind of blue during pre-natal so it is normal. Just talk to people or friends who are able to help you. If not can join mummies support group, I feel mummies are more able to understand what you are going through. Hope you feel better soon! Hang in there and think of your lovely baby 🙂

Read more

hey mummy! FTM here and 17wks. I faced the exact same issue as you in my 1st tri, plus i worked in a very toxic environment which made me even more depressed. what helped me was: 1.) forced myself to meet friends or people (not my husband or parents) at least once a week 2.) pick up a new hobby (i started painting at an art school) 3.) pray you are not alone in this! u will get better. try to find small things that makes you happy and be around people that can give you a good laugh. ❤️❤️❤️

Read more