do u let ur MIL to take care ur NB?

Feel abit contradition, MIL want to handle NB everything from morning till night. Feel grateful that got a "nanny" help to take care everything but on the other side feel lesser bonding time with NB.... especially everytime im feeding my LO,my MIL wan to intervene, say she will do it. Even heard she said wan to carry my NB home to stay with her..currently NB still staying with me. what do u think?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

today my LO suddenly vomit milk, my MIL first reaction was to quickly carry him away from me, as if i've done smth wrong, her action make me feels like i do not know how to take care of my LO.. then she said why u didnt burp him in between feeding.. but when my MIL fed the baby using her own method, the baby also vomit milk.. but she blame on me when the baby vomit but nvr blame her ownself when baby vomit when she fed the baby??!

Read more
VIP Member

Nope. I wouldn’t. I wanted to be a hands on mummy right from the beginning. Feeding my LO is my special bonding time with baby. I also don’t agree with how my MIL does certain things. So I rather be more tired than let my MIL take care unless you need more time to recover from childbirth.

4y ago

i reli worry if nxtime my LO will like my MIL more than me...coz my MIL always by his side... the only bonding time with my NB os only when my MIL sleeping....lol

Super Mum

both my husband and i wanted to be hands on and from day 1 we never let my mom or MIL help with anything, not changing diapers, not feeding, nothing. it's ok if they want to spend time with baby, but I'm also always mindful of what my MIL says to my baby

4y ago

me too.. i prefer to hands on.. but my hubby quite dependant on his mum to take care as he said his mum "more experience" in handling the baby.. my MIL did everything from changing diaper, feeding and showering..

You can let your mil know that u want to have bonding session with your NB. Happened to me as well, I will straight say "No, I want to do it myself". I dont think your mil can separate the special bond between mother and child anyway..

Special bonding with your nb is solely YOURS. This is d only time you cn bond and your mil CANNOT intervene. NEVER let your mil to bring home your nb. Jz no. And it is your right. Your baby is yours, not hers. Must say no.

4y ago

You can show appreciation in another form/gesture like order food or cake or something. But it sounds like she wanna control everything. of course im not saying like this cnnt that cnnt. i mean like those precious moment ones by like feeding etc, you must control that. like for myself, my mum had passed away so i had no choice but mil to take care. thr was some minus pts that made me pissed off, but im still grateful. i jz wished i could have more say at that time. so for my scnd baby which will due soon, i will say what i wanna say. But best is to talk to your husband abt how you wish he cn take care of your feelings first as youve waited 9 mths, feeling all sick and now that you wanna be the main carer for your baby. And how before marrige he would do anything for you, all the promises to make you happy. well im not sure if im being over but husband needs to understand your feelings.

My MIL was like yours until my husband ask her to stop. I am just starting to be a mom so into my LO and she keep wanting to intervene at everything even wanted my baby to sleep with her. I got stress out and cried.

4y ago

yes... sometimes she put my LO beside her when she sleep...

Bonding time with new born is so special. If you receive helps from others to take care your baby .You are really lucky. In your case You have to be clever and smart to handle both .

Don't let her control EVERYTHING. Stop her now before she becomes your baby's mother instead of yourself. Youre the mother of your baby.

4y ago

maybe i will let her know after baby full month..but worry will upset her.. later my hubby in between MIL and me.. also difficult

my hubby doesnt like if i complaint too much abt his parent... instead shud be grateful tht i received help from them..

TapFluencer

let her know ASAP that you don't like it and u will take care baby yourself