family traditions are great but sadly we don't have one. now that I have a kid I want to start a tradition. any ideas? can you share yours? please.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Holidays and festivals are always the best way to start traditions. For example, in my family, on the first day of the new year, we'd make it a point to have dinner as a family. This tradition has been with my family since I was a kid and more meaningful now that my siblings and I are living in different countries. Even though we are apart, we still made it a point to skype and have "dinner" together with my parents in Singapore.

Read more

Our Sunday is dedicated for family day. No working for adults and no enrichment class for kids. Normally we will spend our Sundays at home relaxing with kids or outdoor activities. Also, we celebrate each festivals together as a family as much as we can. I make the kids to greet their grandparents who reside in overseas through phone during festivals.

Read more

We started a tradition of no work sundays and dinner every night together as a family at 8 pm. Everyone makes it a point to reach home for dinner so we can eat toegther every night.

We are now attending church services every Sunday.