I would really like to start gardening with my preschooler. I don't know how and where to start. Can anyone give me some ideas? We don't have plenty of space for a garden, so I'm thinking of starting in pots.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can also use those rectangular pots and buy seeds from supermarkets. But what we do is that after eating longans, mandarins and other tropical fruits, we plant the seeds in the pot and they actually grow! :-) It's nice seeing them budding and shooting leaves but of course we know that they won't grow into a tree and bear fruit. Because you would need a garden for that. But it's still fun to see them grow and its really a good way to teach your kids about taking responsibility of their plants.

Read more

For a start, even in school, they will taught to grow bean sprout, so you can start from there. The easiest to grow. Slowly you can try others like onion, celery, pandan leave. I even try papaya. Let them eat the fruits and dry the seed and educate them by trying.

Using pots is a good idea. You can also upcycle plastic bottles. Also, start with plants that are easy to grow, such as onion,lemongrass and basil.

Post reply image