just ranting

everyone's telling me to sleep, get a good rest, rest when i can bla bla bla before i deliver bc i wont get to rest much after that.... i do understand their intentions sigh.... but how to sleep if i cant sleep at all????!!!!! it has been weeks ever since i get into last trimester, i barely get any sleep. its more like a short nap then i have to function the whole day. and even when im really tired after long day work, i still cant sleep. baby is so active at night, making me so tired bc her movements are so so dominating (its like shes tryna get my attention and when i dont give her, she will move more vigorously pfft). tried to take warm bath, warm milk, less screen time before sleep, in bed by 10pm latest 12am and so on.... still doesnt work. whenever i dont work, i tend to nap so i stop napping to get at least 6hrs sleep for the next day , still useless lol. so tiring sigh. its 5am now. my hubs tried to stay awake till i sleep but i think he just too tired to wait for me. he did wait for me past 2 days and he cant even handle the sleepiness anymore lol cant blame him at times i just want the baby to come out fast so i can sleep but then, nothing is gonna chnage bc i still have to take care of baby kinda depressing how tiring it is to endure no sleep weeks and months, constant hunger, constant backaches, and everything sigh

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. Congrats for making it this far. Trust me when the baby is out, you won’t have enough rest at all. Your bodyclock will be different as baby needs come first before yours. Newborn will require feeding every 2 hours including night time. This is apart from crying episodes, changing diaper, bathing them etc. Colic baby will cry often too. You might also encounter baby having “wind” in their tummy and will cry till they feel relieved. From what i gathered, my friends’ newborn babies even wake up every hourly. Take it easy on yourself on the last few weeks of your pregnancy. Your body is afterall preparing you for motherhood. Your motherhoold journey has actually started without you realizing. Please know that this too shall pass and before you know it you will miss your baby kicks, your round belly.

Read more
VIP Member

Understand how you feel! Because I’m going through the same thing! I’m 40th weeks right now! It’s so hard to turn in bed and it’s even harder to sleep when there’s alot of movement in your belly! People around me gave the same advises to sleep more rest more if not after baby arrives you won’t have peaceful sleep! I always listen to my body! If I feel tired I nap! If I feel hungry, I eat! Nobody can tell you what to do! People around you are just showing their concerns! But I do understand your frustrations. Hang in there!! Soon all this will be over and you will face another new challenges! And I believe you can do it! Somehow the mother instinct in you will push you to do it. 😊!!

Read more

i got the same situation as u when im pregnant, ppl dun understd how exactly we feel during pregnancy, we need to go n pee countless times then when want to slp baby keep moving here n there, backache also causing discomfort making us fliping left to right ,right to left 🙄 we want to slp but cant slp! i tot if aftr i give birth, i can slp slightly better but im wrong... its even worse !!😭 need to wake up every 2-3hrs for feeding milk n diaper change and smetimes handle the crying of the baby making me stress too! my advise to u is aftr u deliver yr baby, baby slp u also must slp... otherwise u will go crazy and depression, so get ready for nxt challenge 😄😂 congrats n gdluck

Read more
VIP Member

I couldn’t sleep early when I was pregnant. The earliest I can sleep is always past 1 am. And that is also the time my girl was very active. My hubby and I enjoyed every movement she made and would eventually sleep once she settles down. She’s 5.5 months old now and I kinda missed her movement in my tummy. 😅 Try to get as much sleep as you can now coz when the baby is out, you will have sleepless nights.

Read more

I feel you! Mine always very active at night and couldnt even get to sleep despite being very tired. Try taking chamomile tea and ask husband to give back rub haha. Kindda work for me.

Hang on. Me too can't sleep well at night. Body aches but no choice. We r almost there.