Tired mummy

Hi mummies I’m a FTM and baby is currently one month ago. Am staying with my parents right now but will be shifting to our new house soon. Am already feeling very tired due to not enough sleep despite having my parents help in the morning so I could nap quite a bit in the morning. But am so worried if I’m able to handle once I move out. Didn’t want my husband to help feeding and caring for baby at night because he needs to work the next day so I try to do as much as I can but I can’t imagine how to manage in the day time alone next time. Any advice? In between baby’s feeds I only get to sleep for one hour each time and next time I have to cook, do housework in the day time I don’t think I will be able to get enough sleep and rest.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They say sleep when baby sleeps. But for me, I work when baby sleeps. Otherwise when will all the chores be done? Housechores will never be complete no matter how much you've done so I do what I can just to make sure house is clean cos baby has started crawling and picking. I was like you before I gave birth but then I thought my husband needs to play his part too. Afterall our baby is his too right. Work or not, responsibility at home must also do. I'm a sahm so housechores is a lot and I'm staying on my own with my husband and kids. My husband helps with the night feed and cooks before he leaves for work unless he has to rush and has no time to cook then I'll cook. My mornings are usually hectic. Feed my 8 mth old, bath him, put him to sleep, clear his milk bottles then I shower before doing the housechores. He's super clingy so I make sure he sleeps first before doing my work unless my other children are at home to help look after him. Then baby wakes up, play time, milk then naps again. I make sure all is complete first before I nap together with him. My husband knows it's a tiring job for me and always lets and wants me to sleep as much as I can 😅 I love Sundays cos my husband does not work on this day so I can wake up late. By the time I wake up, our baby is already fresh and clean and sometimes napping too. My husband and our eldest daughter will feed and bath the baby.

Read more

My first baby i was alone feeding n taking taking care of baby day n night and everything including cooking n household chores. For my case i was alone and hubby doesnt help. So i ordered food instead of cooking n only did household chores on sunday. Rest of days i only take care of baby n slept when baby sleep. Dont worry this time will pass

Read more
VIP Member

I am 2nd time mum , being in Singapore there is no help for me except my husband . So I have to do all the chores and still coping with night feedings . It’s ok to ask help if we need . Don’t struggle too much

I dont have any help but husband does the night feed and morning feed before he goes work. However i still dont get enough slp because whenever i wake up wee hours to pump, i wun b able to get back to slp.

2y ago

My hb drives. My ger now sometimes sleep thru the night. She sometimes slp at 9/10/11 until nxt morn! Technically he slps more than me coz once i wake up pump at 3/4 i cant get back to sleep at all!