do you ever have an argument with your spouse on issues about raising and disciplining kids? How do you reach a conclusion?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

used to have it lot at the time of the first baby in the initial years. but now, we've learnt that the one thing that babies and kids are very smart at picking up is how to manage to get away with anything, if the parents are not in agreement! of course me and hubby do not agree on the same things when it comes to parenting, but we've learned to give each other space and respect. so if we don't agree with something, we let the other one handle the situation for the time being, and then talk about it later. for instance, i do not like certain things he does as a parent, or certain things he allows them to do, and vice versa. but instead of pointing it out then and there, i tell him later about what i feel and why. he too gives his point of view then...it's best to sort it out like that i feel

Read more

Yeah. All the time. Earlier, we always use dot fight over who is right and who is wrong, but with growing years, we give each other a chance. For example if my kid does something wrong, and my husband scolds him and I think that he is not right in scolding him, I do not budge. I do not interfere him that time and let him deal with the situation and later I tell him that he wasn't right. So, whenever one is dealing with the child, the other does not interfere. We talk it out later between us and give each other suggestions how we can deal with it in a better way. I think parenting is an evolving process and as you grow old, you become mature and you deal situation each time in a more sane way.

Read more

Well! I think every couple has this argument when it comes to raising kids. And we do it often. Generally, inspire of having opposite personalities, we are on the same page about are kids. We more or less think in the same direction and this defuses most of the arguments that we would otherwise have got involved in. I think, when we are not agreeing on something then we do not jump to conclusions and give ourselves time to evaluate a situation and then one of us give into other's decision if that makes more sense to the other. We drop our egos when it comes to our kids.

Read more