comment

Does your mother/mil loves to comment on you ? Like in my case, "When mommy take care of you all ,nvr cry like this one" or " you dont know how to breastfeed isit? All my children all got no problem" I just replied "its my own child, i know whats right and wrong"

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes my mom does that to me all the time - demoralizing me rather than encouraging. As for my MIL, she doesnt say the most pleasant thing to me so I'd just ignore her. Seeing how all these have affected me, I have inner vows to not be like any of them 😬

4y ago

Omg mommy . Same like me . I just learnt how to ignore eventho first few wks i was pretty much affected . Cheers to be a better mom hehe

Yes! Lots of comments! From MIL. 'You got no milk ar?! ' I had so much supply in the past' 'You cannot eat fried food, baby will constipation' I was so stress & went thru depression during my confinement.

Read more
VIP Member

sigh yes. I hate this type of comments. Every baby is different. They shouldn’t compare. When they say this, I feel like I am not respected or doing a bad job as a mother.

Super Mum

I only take in reasonable and constructive comments. No point listening or being affected by everything else, especially meaningless comparisons. Heh. Good on you for your reply.

4y ago

Happy Mother’s Day to you too!

VIP Member

Lol like they can remember things that happened decades ago... one ear in, one ear out. Or say, oh great for you then.

4y ago

Hahaha ikr. My ears are aleeady seasoned too

VIP Member

Yes, but I not so brave as you. Only talked back inside my heart or when my mil leaves.

TapFluencer

It's normal haha