Mum should sacrifice herself?

#FTM Hi all mums, Not sure if anyone of feel this way. When u decided to stop BF.why others mum make it sound like you a bad mum? You are not enough sacrificing yourself. You need full BM for 2 years then is the best mum. Being a mum you should do this and that. Need to prioritise your baby no matter what. You dont have enough sleep is a normal for mother. You should continue sacrifice like this. But deep my heart why no care about the mother? So Is ok for me to depressed and not be happy? Why cant happy mum and happy baby? I am not saying I need to treat my baby bad. Why just dont find a solution happy mummy and happy baby? So give FM baby will get sick?#firstbaby Why need to judge others mother?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally understand! Ppl not close to me also ask why I don’t continue to BF after few months then even say is it bcos not enough milk supply. It’s super insulting can. My girl started mixed FM and BM since 2 months and now she’s 14 months. She is even stronger than those fed entirely on BM. FM has a lot of nutrients too! Don’t have to take in comments which are not helpful. Make your mental health and physical health a priority! Nobody truly knows what you’re going through. You must first take care of yourself well then you can take care of your baby. BF or not, most importantly is how we bring up our children. My friend’s brother fed BM but didn’t appear to be as smart and filial as my friend who was entirely on FM.

Read more
10mo ago

Omg totally agree!!!

Just ignore those noises. You are mum and you will decide for your own baby. I was low in milk supply, and I always hope that I can give my baby all the nutrious. With all the stressed, sleepless nights and busy schedules, I ended up with mastitis. The people around also commented your supply low but mastitis, sure is u didn't pump on time..bla bla bla. I felt so sad, but I can't do anything. Now I learnt, they are nobody, why comments so much! jia you💪

Read more

Mine is the opposite, people kept telling me that my bm is useless after 4mo and I should feed baby formula and actual food otherwise my baby no nutrition. I sacrificed my sleep, my nipples, go thru countless mastitis only to get remarks that my milk is useless. Regardless whether you formula feed or breastfeed, there are always negative people. Just ignore them. As long as you know you are giving and doing your best to provide your baby will do. 😊

Read more
10mo ago

Nope I don’t send my kid to IFC. IFC can send from 2months onwards. My LO is currently 18mo.

I know right! Since I got pregnant, the questions ppl always asked me were “are you going to breastfeed?” and “are you going to give birth naturally?” and if yes, “will you choose epidural?” I was like come on! We are not even that close for you to ask me such things. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 So if I don’t bf means I fail? If I choose epidural means I’m weak?? Ridiculous.

Read more
10mo ago

+1 on this!!! Hahaha lol and some will make comments like “YOU CANNOT DO EPIDURAL” - coming from non mothers lol

I told my husband, if baby willing, he can latch. But if he not willing, i will just pump and let him bottle feed. Still can work on recovery and on a fixed schedule rather then to force and face a crying hungry baby. A fed baby with a happy mummy is better than anything

Read more

Whichever way we choose, someone will definitely have comments. Just smile and ignore them. After all, it's easy for them to say, but they're not the ones going through it. You're alrdy doing your best for your baby, be proud of that!

I would just ignore these comments. Do what feels best for you and your baby. Mom knows best for her baby and there is no right or wrong answer :) Jut go with your gut and never put yourself second!

i believe in Happy Mommy Happy Baby, so really just gonna do whats mosf appropriate for Mommy first. Babies can feel Mommy's emotions so if Mommy is unhappy Baby wont be happy too.

just ignore others. u know best what u should do. I also stop bf when baby was around 1 month. it was 1 of the best decision for myself and child.

TapFluencer

hope everyone can lead their own lives & let others do the same... no judging pls