Hospitalization Leave For First Trimester

Does anyone request for HL like few days during first trimester just to stabilize e preganancy? Often routine medical checkup is on weekdays, having limited medical leaves easily used up.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had 2 weeks of mc and 6 weeks of HL to stabilise as I was having blood clot and cysts so it wasn't really stable to be back to work. However, in order to take HL, your gynae need to be from the hospital itself before they can issue. Usually, gynae will be understanding and give you the HL. I took HL till the end of my first trimester.

Read more

I think HL is quite hard to get but u could check with ur gynae :) For med appt, most gynaes would offer to issue u MC for the day. If nt, check with ur company to see if they grant time off for medical appointments.. Most gynaes do issue time chits too

My gynae doesn't wanna issue HL during my 1st trimester checkup, issuing HL is subjected to the gynae. You may request from the gynae provided they want to issue. Some gynaes may think it's not necessary.

I was having threathened miscarriage and warded for 4days.. doc issue 3weeks HL for me 😁 , my husb says my gynae so generous

Super Mum

Check with gynae if he/she is able to issue HL for your condition. Otherwise, can take unpaid leave if really crucial for u

Super Mum

Some gynae will give hospitalization leave instead of MC. My gynae gave me a week of hospitalization leave during Trimester 1.

2y ago

May I know which gynae?

Yes. I'm given 2 weeks x2 times because not stable. Had spotting on and off from w5-w8.

2y ago

May I know which gynae?

I took 1wk HL to stabilize pregnancy, was having bleeding

I request to work from home due to bad morning sickness

VIP Member

You can try to request from your gynae ☺️