Share your thoughts and experiences

How supportive is your management when it came to take hospitalization leave, medical leaves, maternity leaves and childcare leaves? My 2 colleagues whom just finished their maternity resigned as management made them feel burden. As they were also told not to expect year end bonus due to their performance during pregnancy.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My bosses were supportive. I planned to work till D-day but they encouraged to take a week or 2 before to rest. I didn't take leave before delivering so i asked to work from home for a week instead. I also changed my mat leave plan half way through but they were ok. I guess because both of them are mothers themselves, and one of them was also pregnant just before i delivered, so they tend to be more understanding.

Read more
4y ago

That's really nice of them to be understanding

TapFluencer

Haha...my 1 week Hospitalisation Leave was converted to NO PAY LEAVE, ONE week salary GONE, MD insisted I did not inform him I'm on Hospitalisation Leave, so he rejected. If employee will make complaint to MOM must prepare to get job lost

4y ago

So true, 1 week pay gone is better than lossing job especially during pregnancy period.