Rib pain

Does anyone experience rib pain during pregnancy? The last check was bby head is on top n placenta is below so im not sure is it bcoz of bby head keep hitting the rib or is it normal? Its getting painful as days goes by.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Very normal. Sometimes baby can rotate in stomach so the feet will be kicking your ribcage. Just breathe in and out slowly when it happens.

5y ago

Thank you for sharing sis .. really thankful for the help. Might ease a little bit of worry but will try to approach the gynea at the same time. Thank you again

VIP Member

Do consult your gynae asap, some pain is expected but if it gets too painful then best to consult a doctor

5y ago

Thank you for ur advice sis .

Prolly due to space constraint that your baby is putting pressure on your ribs. Which is normal.

Yes especially when im sleeping on my sides. Keep tossing around coz of the rib pain.

4y ago

I only have pain on my right rib and I suspect because the space there is limited due to the liver. But having to sleep only on the left all the time is also tiring and can be bad for my blood circulation on my left leg.

VIP Member

Hi... I would suggest that you consult your gynecologist

Yes can be normal but do check with your gynae

Hi, It is best that you visit a gynae

VIP Member

Best to check w ur dr

Check with gynea

Try duzhong soup