Do you bathe baby during confinement?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I couldn't for the first 3 weeks as my confinement lady did not allow me to. After which she taught me and my hubby how to bathe and take care of my baby after she's done with her job. That was when I started to bathe my baby and have been doing so ever since. To be honest, it can be quite tough to do so during confinement as my tub was placed on the floor. While my body was still recovering I found it difficult to get up or sit so low to bathe her. I could feel the strain in my abdominal muscles and my shoulders got sore easily.

Read more

yes i do bath my 2nd baby when im doing my confinement. the 2nd day when i reach hm. i got to bath my LO as no one can help me at that moment. as i was (c-section for delivery. as now some time i do feel slightly pain in my wrist area. not sure issit the reason i bath my son anot . but no regrets as it my precious love and i believe every mum if really no choice will also bath their love one their self.

Read more

Confinement is a period that you must have adequate rest and try not to "touch" water as much as possible unless really no choice. Should there be someone else in the family, get them to do it for you. As for me, I didn't bath my baby. I was very fortunate to have my hubby around to do my confinement for me for the entire month.

Read more

I never did confinement.. But, i did shower baby every 2 days. In between i used a damp cloth to wipe him down. We never went out, so i did not feel that there was a need to shower him. In the midst of all this, i love the fermented smell. Haha

I bathe my own Ger during confinement as I don't have a confinement lady. I put the bathtub on the table so I don't have to bend down. Also I bathe my Ger during the afternoon time once a day only for the first two weeks.

My confinement lady was the one who was showering the baby. According to confinement rules, mummies are not allowed to touch water. Therefore we are unable to shower ourselves or the baby.

VIP Member

I guess it's really up to individual, my hubby colleagues told me that her hands suffer from cold/rheumatism during confinement, Just from washing hands and face etc.

yes, have to learn to bath baby because I'll be taking care of bb after confinement and my mil's leg is not very good. if she squat, it's hard for her to get up..

VIP Member

i do it every 3 days! do wipe down if not into bath tub. own instinct. i followed the rule on not frequent bathing for first month so as not to dry out skin. ^^

VIP Member

I had a DIY confinement, where I did help to bathe my baby. It was against the advice of my elder relatives, but I've yet to experience any side effects.