Do you mummies shower in the hospital after labour/birth?

Confinement practices say that mummies should shower with water boiled with herbs. That would be possible after I reach home and my confinement nanny will help me with it. However what is the normal practice in the hospital? After the labour, how do you mummies bathe? Use soap? Or bring herbal water to bathe? Or never bathe?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I soaped myself and wet the towels to wipe away the soap. Immediately dry urself after you are done. I didn’t wash my hair though since hospital did not provide hair dryer. Couldn’t stand the stench on myself since I was sweating all over + leaking milk đŸ€Ł I was in the hospital for 4 days 3 nights but only “showered” once throughout the whole stay.

Read more

My mum made the herbs water and brought it to hospital for me. I used towel and herbal water to wipe myself down and that’s it. Also because I was a c sect mum so was very afraid to get the dressing wet. And then use dry shampoo for hair. I didn’t wash hair for 4 days 3 nights in the hospital.

VIP Member

Oh i didnt know about this and i showered the morning after. The cleaning auntie scolded me! I guess its safer to wash up or wipe down. Super weak when i waddled to the toilet alone. And freezing cold. I guess better to go home and have ur hot shower and herbs 😁

I showered like normal a day after I gave birth. I felt so fresh after! I was warded on 16/9, gave birth on 17/9. Only got green light from nurses that I can use the shower on 18/9. I couldn't stand the stickiness and the smell.

I was discharged two weeks ago. Left my shower herbs sachet at home. So didnt shower. Just wipe down. Showered once I reach home w the herbs. Thereafter begin the confinement..

Most of the mummies would bathe the next day after birth. With soap/shampoo. I don't bathe with herbal water. On the day that I just give birth, I don't bathe just wipe down.

I showered with the toiletries provided by hospital before discharge. Didn’t use any herbs during confinement cause it was too much of a hassle and no extra help.

I used the wet wipes given to me by hospital to wipe my whole body. My whole body was still sticky for the 5 nights that I stayed after delivery.

I actually showered in hospital with soap. After coming home I showered with herbal water

i didnt bathe coz i discharged quite early. just use wet cloth to wipe my body