Sahm how abt u?

Did u regret ur decision? I am a sahm and quitted my job... I saw my friends who had helper n I was like why I choose this path to sahm and do alot things...some placed their infant earlier in infant care...I managed my baby better now,just looking back wondering if I chose different decision,will I be happier? What decision u made any regret? How u cope with it?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am a working mum, no help from extended family /helper & send my child to ifc . Most of the time child will end up sick & have to stay home, and with the wfh situation, I am very lucky and happy to spend a lot of time with my LO at home. I find it very draining when I have to attend to my LO whole day & sometime it’s mentally draining & tiring that I will lose temper at her. (Hence, salute to all the sahm). So infant care/school give a good balance of time “apart”. I will feel more “recharged” & will miss my LO throughout the day and can’t wait to fetch her home to spend time together. I don’t find myself missing her milestones , in fact I find that we build great bonds together. My LO likes going to school, and also like to be with us. I feel happy with my decision although I have to work/cook/do household chores all at the same time & could be very tiring without any help from people. Luckily, my husband is very hands on & can help. So no regrets for me

Read more

hi! I was SAHM for 2.5yrs, just recently when back to workforce after my son stabilised in nursery 😊 to be honest, it was the most tiring, difficult, under appreciated role I ever took on! and I dun even get paid... but, it pays in other unimaginable ways... being there when my son could lift his head, turn onto his tummy, ate his own toes, shake the little toy rattle I bought him even before he was born gleefully 🥰 financial independence is important to me, but I chose to be there for my son's every little milestone... he is only a baby once ♥️ $ can always earn back later 😂 my husband and I also not comfy with the idea of a maid caring for our kids... no offense to others, just our preference. the last thing I want is my kids running to the maid crying cos I scolded them... currently is opposite 😂

Read more
2y ago

must continue trying lah, dun give up! my own 2 cents: I had told myself to have only basic expectations, not to expect the same paygrade as before.. I also applied contractual roles and even temps, which I usually would not..

SAHM for almost 5 years. I love it because I just love taking care and being there for my kid in every aspect. It fills me up more than working even though there is more money in it. I feel I have more control at home than at work. Always think of the positives in your situation, all those the milestones your child achieved is all from you! and I know some working moms wish they can be SAHM. Like the phrase, grass is greener on the other side. Both have pros and cons.

Read more
TapFluencer

🙋‍♀️from workaholic to stayhomemom 1st born was sent to IFC on 4th month and I missed a lot of his milestone I'm enjoying stayhome now with my 2 Los of course I explore ways of earning while taking care them

Read more

Now that working from home is ending, I am also considering of being a sahm mom. Not sure if it is hard to get a job after a break. But i definitely like to spend time with my boy and build the bond with him.

god i feel the same 😭😭