Undecided!

My LO is currently 2 months old and I am going back to work in 1 month time. I intended to enrol to IFC since last year and I am on their waiting list. And I do consider looking for nanny nearby my estate. After much consideration and advice from family member, they are discouraging me to send LO off to either nanny or IFC. They were saying LO is too small and suggested that I quit my job and be a sahm. Just want to hear out from sahm, did you regret for the decision made for sacrificing your own job and chose to look after your child. I am stuck in between, although I wish to spend more time with LO and personally take care of him, but I am worried that I might regret.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I left my job of 16 years which I love, with good pay and able to work with my hubby(same company)... to be a SAHM. Now my girl is 18 months, no regret every single moment spending time with her, watching her grow and unlocked all the milestones together with her.. We just need to adjust our life style and finances accordingly, not easy for the sudden change but it can be done. Supportive husband is very important too. I feel so proud to seeing her unlocked all the milestones and growing up well! No matter what is choices you made, I believe you are giving your best to your LO :)

Read more

I’m enjoyed to look after my lo n but at the same time, I felt stress n felt lost also. Plus n minus only. Last time my elder one and second one look after by my nanny. I’m resigned when my elder enter primary school. what I consider that time was, kids childhood only once and I would like to accompany them. Doesn’t matter how much I’m earn, kids are my priority. I did regret whenever I’m felt lost in look after them and stress.

Read more

The decision lies with you. Only you know what is in your heart. Unfortunately for me we did not have family members to take care of our child so we had to send him to infant care from 3 months onwards and now when i look back,it was the best decision we ever made. It wasnt all a walk in the park as I missed my son A LOT but it got better.

Read more
VIP Member

If you want to go back to work, it’s your choice. Don’t let other people interfere with your family matters. Remember, this is your family. Your LO. Your decisions. Don’t listen to them and then later regret. If you feel strongly about going back to work, sometimes it’s the best thing you can do for the family.

Read more

it really depends on individual. for me, I know I want to take care of my child myself, but I also kNow I cannot tahan just staying at home and be a sahm so I start looking for freelance and work from home jobs, and quit my job immediately after I went back from maternity leave.

I left my job to look after my kids. Though I enjoyed taking care of them, it did get monotonous after a while. Talk to your employer about more options? Are there work from home or part-time work options?

listen to what your instinct tells you....so you dont regret it later......balance it and be fair to yourself and your child

Mummy, I believe that at the end of the day, it's what you're comfortable, confident and happy to do.

Dear mum, The priorities and preferences differ for everyone. Please compare your choices and decide

VIP Member

Please consider and weigh your options carefully.