Did anyone didnt celebrate lo first birthday ?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depends on what you define as celebrations! If it's about parties, dessert tables and that sort of "big function room" gatherings - then no we didn't :) We did have a buffet lunch under the void deck for needy families who have family members born in the same month as my son, but it was just a social lunch thing to "celebrate" everyone's birthday - it wasn't planned for my son, but for everyone instead! Internal family wise, we had a small cake for cake cutting and also did a cake smash photoshoot for memories :)

Read more

I didn’t but we went Taiwan as a family to spend time together. To me, I don’t want my kids to feel they “should have” or the “entitlement” of having big party every year. We normally just have a cake to cut at home then go to the old folk house for food donations.

I didn't. It's just a day, nothing to do also. There is no need to overspend or plan. That's just my two cents. It's better if we spend our time and money on a daily basis with our lo. They would appreciate that more.

VIP Member

I didn't have a huge celebration for my girl. Just a cosy one with immediate family members.

VIP Member

Just did a very simple family dinner. Moreover LO is happy. Importantly is LO being happy.

TapFluencer

I didn't, becoz it falls on CNY day 1.. I celebrated his 2nd bday instead

i didnt too. was thinking he wouldnt even remember then celebratio

Yes, just planning for a dinner with my family

We dun plan to. Itz juz another day to us.