Bread during confinement

Dear mommies, just curious if anyone has been advised NOT to eat bread during confinement? The reason given is that bread will cause bloating since our digestive system will be weakened after giving birth. Not sure if this is at all true or just some old wives’ tale.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I ate bread during confinement but not much maybe only 2 or 3 days. Mostly my breakfast is cooked oats with fresh fruits cooked by my CL. Though I dislike oats, its more nutritious and supposed to improve milk supply.

4y ago

Yes I like oats too, and is planning to have that for most breakfast to help with milk production :)

Really? Didnt hear of this before, some CL even prepared bread for breakfast for mommies. Honestly, alot of old wives tales especially from our own mothers or MIL are just bs.

4y ago

I really wanted to ROFL when I heard it, but I didn’t out of respect.

Depends on whether you are gluten tolerant..?I can't take bread as it causes bloating..

4y ago

I’ve been having bread all my life 🤣 so was very puzzled.

Hey, It should be fine if you are gluten tolerant. Else you can always have whole grain bread

4y ago

Yes I love whole grain! Never given me any problems.

Never heard of this but I had no problems eating bread during this time.

Super Mum

Could be gluten sensitivity. If you have that, do avoid bread .

4y ago

I’m not sensitive to gluten, been having bread all my life.

VIP Member

Yes! Heard of before! No idea why!! Both mil and cl mentioned

4y ago

No I didn't.. haha couldn't be bothered.. they will be like, just listen to us don't ask so much

VIP Member

Nope. It’s my first time hearing this.

VIP Member

Had tat every morning during confinement

I doubt its true. Bread is totally fine.