My daughter was forced to squat outside Kopitiam Vivo City for eating cupcakes " NO OUTSIDE FOOD".

My daughter was forced to squat outside Kopitiam Vivo City for eating cupcakes as " NO OUTSIDE FOOD" policy in Kopitiam... and we bought food. We had a very disappointing experience at Kopitiam Vivo City. Despite buying food (Bobo Chacha and Tau Suan) from Kopitiam, my 4-year-old daughter was forced to squat outside with her cupcakes while my wife and I took turns keeping her company while the other gobbled down the hot desserts. The Kopitiam Steward rigidly enforced the "NO OUTSIDE FOOD" policy, citing potential job loss if he showed compassion. I do not blame him as he is doing his job and making a living. I'm bemused by the policy's inflexibility and very upset by the treatment of my daughter. I question the double standard, as others brought in bottled water without issue. What about mothers feeding their babies milk or toddlers being fed home cooked food? Will they be chased out too? Even when the parents bought food in Kopitiam? Thankfully, McDonald's showed kindness by offering my daughter a seat. Kopitiam, please reconsider your policy and show empathy for families with young children. I hope you'll make amends. I am writing in this community page or post as I do not think giving constructive feedback to @Kopitam.SG privately will have any response. Am I as a parent is overreacting or do you think Kopitam policy is just too rigid

My daughter was forced to squat outside Kopitiam Vivo City for eating cupcakes " NO OUTSIDE FOOD".
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

gosh! my opinion too rigid

3mo ago

So meaning to say, children can take advantage and not follow rules, create unnecessary problem for the working staff? Self entitled much?