At home we sit on floor, folding our legs, while eating. We don't use chair table at home. I bought a booster chair for my baby so he wont move while eating. But my baby seeing us folding legs wants to sit in the same position. He doesn't want to sit in the booster chair as he cannot fold his legs! We allow him to sit with us in the same manner but he doesn't sit to eat.. He keeps running here and there. So he is eating less food and wakes me for bm very frequently right after the food. What should I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Kids love to imitate but as kids' nature goes, they cannot seat still :-) I guess you would really have to be firm with her that eating time she needs to be in her booster and need to finish or at least concentrate on her eating. There should be consistency. If you allow her out of her booster, she sees the weakness there. So be firm and consistent. She may scream and cry that she wants out of the booster but eventually she will get used to this mealtime routine.

Read more

How old is you son? My daughter would also want to sit with us on the floor and eat many times. My husband and I took turns keeping her in our laps while she ate along with us. Also when she became fidgety my husband brought out her dolls and sat them on the floor with us. She had to feed them too :) it became a game and kept her in one place long enough to finish a meal.

Read more

I think you just need to be firm with him. Telling him that he can only 'play' after he completed his meal. Try not to give in to him even if he cries. He might not listen for the first few times but after awhile he will understand.

thanks

hmm nice info