Currently in my 16th week, and the gynae advise to take flu/influenza vaccination. Is it necessary?

Currently in my 16th week, and the gynae advise to take flu/influenza vaccination during 16th to 20th week. This is to avoid catching flu and ended up in hospital. But i heard that some people may have side effects after taking vaccination. Is it necessary to take such vaccination? Thanks.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think if you’re prone to feeling sick easily then it’s best you take it. For me, I rarely get sick so I didn’t take the vaccination. I plan to breastfeed exclusively for my antibodies to be passed to baby and give her the vaccinations she needs when she’s born.

Super Mum

It's optional however pregnant women have higher risk of complications if they have flu and might have to go to ICU. And that might affect baby as well. So if your doctor recommends it it's best to go for it.

It's optional but advisable to take. I'm still thinking whether to take the flu jab or not and I still haven't decided when my checkup is tomorrow. It's claimable though

Advisable to take the jab as it will be more complicated if u caught a flu while pregnant. Side effects of the jab are pretty rare. Anyway it’s Medisave claimable :)

It’s optional but I took it, along with the whooping cough vaccination. No side effects thereafter.. only sore on the injection site.

I din get vaccination during pregnancy (delivered in Sept 2020). Gynae din offer me to take vaccinations. Seems like optional.

I took it also. No fever nothing for me. And Since then I don’t fall sick anymore though.

TapFluencer

I took it just for the peace of mind, when u are pregnant its very troublesome to get sick

I didn’t take flu vaccination as it was optional but I did take the whooping cough jab!

would be better to take as the immunity can be passed to the baby during ur pregnancy