Immunization pause

Hi All, My LO was given two vaccination shots in hospital, and we went for another 2 at around 6 weeks. Since the pandemic, hubby and I have decided to hold off all vaccination to avoid going to crowded places such as hospital and clinic. I have been practicing social isolation for my child and myself for past couple of months too. Is anyone else like us? I was told it's ok to delay the immunization, so long as we complete all before primary school. But I'm still unsure. Is there any concerns I should be aware of?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Delay a bit ok. But I remember there is some vaccine at certain age need 2 dose if over the age then need 3 dose etc. So for me I won’t skip. Also full immunisation needed to be use for some kindergarten. For me I go PCF School they need the immunisation record before register. If u worry bring to private clinic just pay more. All my 3 kids all vaccine I don’t go poly clinic which I know can save a lot $. But I want to save trouble so bring the to private clinic and use CDA account to made payment. If your place is near to the private clinic u use to go or family clinic. Give them a call before go down see was there a lot people in Q etc.

Read more

I still brought my baby for immunizations, due to the pandemic, some. Of the pediatricians been empty with no patients since parents are being very careful with their kids. I brought mainly because I don't want her to get an illness which already has proven to kill many lives already. I think if we can limit the risk of her getting any other infections including the corvid then my answer is why not.

Read more
VIP Member

For me, I think it’s important to keep up with the schedule as some vaccines may be more effective when taken on the prescribed age. Besides, there are other ill nesses that we need to protect our lo’s from, not only this virus. I just brought my lo to our PD last Saturday for hers. Just practice distancing, avoid touching objects and the usual, wash your hands.

Read more

to me, i still bring my baby for immunisations. its equally important. no point delaying and causing baby to be more prone to other illnesses. i opt for polyclinic as now they restricted to one parent to one patient, so there are lesser people in the polyclinic, compared to hospital i believe. even so, practice good hygiene and social distancing.

Read more
VIP Member

I think childhood vaccination is important to be on schedule. you might wish to schedule it on a weekday non peak hours if you are concerned the clinic might be too crowded. usually proper sops are in placed to keep patients safe

Super Mum

Yes you can still catch up on the immunization later, but still better to complete them according to schedule. These immunisations prevent the respective diseases and in my opinion are equally urgent.

I actually think it's very important to keep up to date on the recommended vaccination schedule to ensure your LO is protected. Especially for my case as my LO will be going infantcare at 4 months.

Super Mum

I'd say immunisation is even more important during this outbreak because you don't want baby to go down with multiple illnesses. Call your clinic first before coming in and they will arrange.

VIP Member

For me, I bring baby as usual. Just keep distance from sick ppl and immunisation jabs are pretty fast.

TapFluencer

do follow the immunisation schedule as much as possible...

4y ago

lol... all the best 🤞🙏