Any Symptoms Before Contraction Kick In?

Hi, currently at 38+4days.. Any mommy experience any sign a day before contraction starts ?share share your experience.. ?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I had show first (blood stained mucus discharge) for my second pregnancy. In fact, contractions started days after. For my first pregnancy, I had leaking liquor first (clear fluid from water bag), initially one or two spots, subsequently trickling, then contractions came and the whole bag burst.

Contraction for me was a very painful abdominal cramps that i can’t move my legs, and felt like my private part would fall off.. this feeling on off with like 5- 10mins interval. After the pain was gone I felt that I can’t control peeing little did we knew my water bag broke already 😁

I started getting pink discharge daily a few days before I delivered (my bloody show did not come all at once). I also had contractions that came only at night those few days before I delivered, and on the day before delivery those night time contractions extended into the daytime.

No signs at all before contraction for me. I was at 40 weeks already by then, and was wondering when it will start. Well, the contractions came when i was about to sleep that very night. Didnt feel anything like it before during my pregnancy.

VIP Member

Didn’t get to experience contractions for my 2nd one (gave birth in June this year). For my first one, there were no contractions at all until 3 hours after my waters broke - felt like the longest 1 hour of my life before I finally pushed.

4y ago

I was induced at 37w3d and even after 2 tablets, still no pain or contractions, so ended up emergency c-sect.

VIP Member

I have no symptoms before contractions. I know my baby is ready to see the world when my water bag burst. Contractions came much later

For me is just like menses cramp for a few days.. Then it slowly start to get worse and worse, faster and faster..

for me i had muscus plug drop and bloody show. my about half hour later my contractions start to kick in

For me, baby dropped lower and then contractions started a few days later!

Super Mum

My water bag broke first, and then constant dull pain before contractions