Husband likes to follow girls on social media

Am currently 35 weeks pregnant. Have been feeling so so down and uncomfortable that my husband likes to follow females on social media. I cant help but think its because my figure is big now and I look like a whale pregnant. He doesn’t seem attracted to me anymore although he still treats me nicely. We were last intimate months ago because he werent interested and complained that he is tired. Anyone’s hubs is like that? Truth be told, I went on his phone to unfollow a couple of female influencers he seems to particularly like just to see if he notices that they were gone. And then bam the next day he is following them again.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

seems like your husband is just dealing with his own needs.... my husband was very frank with me that my bump is a turn off for him sexually... I cried and he consoled me saying "it's not that I dont love you, I just cant get turned on seeing your bump... and to know that inside your bump is our baby, I am unable to want sex..." I read lots of reddit posts and apparently men are meant to be turned off by pregnant bumps. it's a male's biological way of protecting the pregnancy. so feel better that it's just your husband and majority of men's way to protect the baby... I just let my husband look at other females. I know he just looks to take care of his needs while also taking care of the pregnancy. if it still bothers you, tell him calmly that you feel uncomfortable he looks at other women and how it upsets you that he might not be attracted to you/your body anymore. have a chat and dont start blaming him immediately...

Read more

The fact that its making u feel down and uncomfortable means it is something that needs to be addressed. YOUR EMOTIONS matters too and for a fact it matters most now that ure pregnant while having to deal with alot of hormonal changes that is also affecting how u feel. Please dont think that you are big now and thats the reason he doesnt seem to be attracted to you anymore. He made you pregnant so he have to be responsible for every single thing, your pregnancy, the baby, you and everything that matters to you. A happy mum is a happy family afterall. He cant just think for himself and do what he desires just because ure pregnant. Its never a reason. Talk to him about what disturbs you and is of a concern to you. Dont go to bed sad just because you decide to just keep it inside you, like some of the comments over here. You deserve to be heard, mummy. Your emotions matters, especially now.

Read more

Such immature and disrespectful behaviours. I totally disagree with the other comment that tells you to suck it up. Obviously this is affecting you and hence, the relationships between you and your husband. 🙄 You’re entitled to voice out things that are making you feel uncomfortable, even if you’re not pregnant. It’s sickening to know that he refollows those that you had deleted. You should talk to him when the time is good. Go soft or stern is up to you cause you know him best.

Read more

Next time if u see him looking at their feeds, just casually comment “wah who is that pretty girl, then see what is his reaction?” If he tells u more about it then probably it’s nothing more than just following them. If he hides it and brush it off then hmmm. Think every guy is different. like my husband, he don’t even have an instagram account, he is not interested in those so called influencer or celebrities, he only reads about investment, financial stuffs and market news.

Read more

Suggest maybe you speak to your hubby about not being intimate first instead of keeping it to yourself.. anyway at 35 weeks preggy he might be afraid to hurt you and baby? As for the social media girls that he’s following.. I guess guys do have interest in seeing pretty girls.. maybe can ask him what interests him to follow them. It might be a particular topic that he’s interested in?

Read more

If you catch him looking at girls on his phone then just tell him off like what I did. I just “Wah looking at pretty girls Ah, nice hor?” Then I kept doing it until eventually he stopped. Depends on the character of your hubby though. Some gets very defensive while some will just stop. Trial and error ba.

Read more

I think you’re just insecure. My husband also follow other girls. alot of woman also follow pretty influences and admire their beauty. It’s normal for man/woman to want to see pleasing things. So suck it up as long as it doesn’t affect your relationship.

sorry to hear about your husband. I think he is immature, maybe you can have a talk with him and tell him how this baby is so precious. men will be men, some grow up, some don't.

it's happened to me. it's doesn't bother me at all. my priorities is my baby and mental health. it's not that we can't live our lives without them.

For us we can dont b intimate for v long. But at least i dun c him following gers (i tink he only busy scrolling fb nia). I think really need to talk abt it ba.