Nanny hogs the baby

My confinement nanny has not been allowing me to carry and bond with my baby saying that it's for our own good that we don't carry him so much, and that we don't know how to put him to sleep. He is 5+ weeks old now. He seems to have a preference for her and everyday I feel like he doesn't know I'm his mother. Honestly feeling quite depressed but my husband doesn't get it. Sigh.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my confinement lady didnt let me carry and kept asking me to rest when i had massage session (whole body is with oil). but any other time that im without oil, i can carry her. maybe u can tell her that u wanna learn how to care for baby esp when she is gonna be gone soon.. etc. we took over 1 week before she left as baby started to prefer her as well

Read more

how long are you intending to have the nanny? if it were me I would have firmly stated my stance that I want to carry MY BABY. and if she is not willing to accept that, I would fire her. husbands wont get it, it's your maternal instincts.

i heard many horror nanny stories. pls be firm and fire the nanny if she is depriving ur rights to care for the baby. tts also the reason why i not getting any nanny bcoz i duno wat will she do to my baby when i not looking 😭

during my time also. my nanny will tell me to rest as much as possible & I get upset. but remember she will only be there for 1 month. after that she will be gone. dont worry so much.

I will scold her and fire her and tell her off. Thats your baby she has no right to do that.