Baby getting used to confinement nanny

My confinement nanny has been with us for 2 weeks, and baby is showing a preference for her when it comes to calming him down to sleep. He would continue crying when me or my husband try to carry him to sooth him to sleep,but calm down with the nanny and sleep. However, as the nanny will be gone in 2 weeks,I am concerned that baby becomes over reliant on her and would be very hard to calm down after that. Would like to ask if anyone has similar experiences, and what you did to overcome it.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yup same. I had the same concerns. I had very little interaction with baby over the one month. whenever baby cries and I pick her up he cries life and death, nanny is quick to come and grab baby away and he calms down pretty quickly. Nanny is gone for two days now. The first day baby is pretty cranky whenever I carry, but it seems 2nd day it got better. i think baby will get used to you pretty quickly as you will be their main caregiver from now so don't need to worry. If you still worry, then have more interactions with baby throughout the day, ask nanny to learn how to change nappy or bathe your baby to have more interactions with him before your nanny leaves so baby won't see you as a stranger when she leaves.

Read more

i experienced something similar, what we did was having baby in the same room with us in the mornings so she would get used to our smell and if she cries or anything we will already be there to comfort her, we also started to be more hands on, if your CN allows u can start to shower her