For cny visits, do mummies go to your own parents home first or to in law first then to parents home? For those old fashion people type..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on location and how u coordinate the timing of the bai nian. There is even a old tradition that on the first day not suppose to bai nian to the wife sid otherwise will bring poverty to the wife side of the family. So for me i will just go wherever base on timing of the day - i will still see my family at the extended family side but i will officially bai nian on the second day As long as not inconvenience to pple i guess it is ok?

Read more

It depends on the parents. Usually will go to in laws place first for wives. But it all depends on how traditional your in laws are. Actually if the parents don't mind I think can take turns maybe this year go in laws place first then next year parents place. Our society is no longer the traditional kind anymore, women go out to work as well so I am of the thinking we don't have to follow customs that is if parents don't mind

Read more

I'm staying with my parents now.. So will bai nian with my own parents first before heading to in law. But when my house is ready, I will go to in law house first then to my mum.. Think it's also a form of respect to your hubby ba.. (Just my personal opinion) Somemore I think if we put our own parents as second, we can stay even longer! Haha.. At in Law house just stay in the morning, early afternoon? Haha

Read more

As per tradition, Have to go Husband side on first day of CNY. Then 2nd day to mother's side. But my side abit different Coz my Husband grandma's birthday on the 3rd day of CNY so every year we only Bai Nian with fil on the 3rd day. I'm sure your Mother is aware of the traditions so talk to her nicely.

Read more
VIP Member

it depend .. for those traditional old thinking.. they will think to visit in law first.. Especially man they will want to visit their family first .. But this century , i wont follow. We will go whichever place near first or depend on our schedule. . It doesnt really matter who to visit to first ..

7y ago

Felt so stress up.. my mom wanted me to go bai nian to her on the first day morning. And im staying near in law. But not sure if my husb will stay long at in law place anot although they dont have anywhere to go visit. Because my husb like a mummy boy always love to stay around with the mom and siblings.. sigh.. if i take this to say, my husb will go against it. But not too sure he will anot.

VIP Member

It depends. I stay at hm parent house last year . Usually my parents house first follow by my in law. This year we hv our own house. My parents stay few blocks away. Lets see wat my husband got to say n do. For me n my husband it doesnt matter.

Read more
VIP Member

Depends. If you stay in your own home, you have to go to your inlaws first follow by your family. As im staying with my inlaws, i have to stay till another family comes over before i could leave to go my mother's side for CNY.

Read more

I follow location as well. Then plan my route accordingly. These days, not so superstitious la. Depends o your family also. If they very particular then better to follow suit ba.