Outfit for bringing baby home

Hi mummies and mummies-to-be, What outfit is suitable for bringing newborn baby home? I have hand-me-downs but my mother-in-law said it is better to get a new set of outfit to bring baby home..should I get those kimono tops and pants set (tie type) or those onesie rompers type like the picture attached? Thanks in advance for the advice

Outfit for bringing baby home
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Babies will outgrow their newborn clothes very fast so I didn't get any newborn clothes only hand-me-downs :). Personally I think the best type of baby clothes is the one with buttons or zipper in front. The kind that you pull over baby's head is a bit more troublesome.

Doesn't matter! New or hand me downs, as long as baby covered. The journey home is only ard 30 mins most? For me it was 1 set or pajamas, hat, mittens, booties and wrapping cloth. End up bb perspire a lot coz cover and hot 🤭

I gave birth in TMC and they provided the going home outfit. If u want to get your own, would suggest front button type so tat it is easier to change. Baby neck is still soft so it is hard to let them wear onesies

VIP Member

We just went back with the romper, mittens n booties and wrapped in swaddle, all from the hospital

VIP Member

Onesie rompers will be difficult to change...when they are small,better use the front open ones.

VIP Member

Hi... it doesn’t really matter. As long as your baby is dressed and bundled up.

TapFluencer

Don’t get onesies. It will be harder to put on and remove from your baby.

Super Mum

No concern. As long as the baby is comfortable (not warm or cold).

Get those front open ones which are easy to put on baby...

For me the hospital provided the out fit.