Baby crying...

Do you carry your baby (2 weeks old) once he starts crying or let him cry it out?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Carry your baby. Your baby is new to this world and want you for comfort. The cry it out method is better when they are much older and using it more as a discipline. Now for a baby it is vicious and just causes stress to both you and your baby. At this age it just teaches them that you are letting them fend for themselves. They do not know the concept of you being in another room

Read more
VIP Member

Have to depend on the environment. Day time, I'll carry immediately. Night time during sleeping, will pat to console him instead of carrying. Unless he can't stop after awhile... In the car, it's definitely a no no for carrying. Must be in the car seat.

TapFluencer

Carry. 2 weeks is too early to let baby cry it out. They r still new to the environment n seeking for mummy’s comfort. Over crying will injured babies brain and causes gas which may lead to more problems like reflux..

MUST carry. Cannot let newborns cry it out. It's eithr baby cry or you cry outof regret ltr. And congrats on your newborn! 😊

I would carry baby whenever he cry at 2 weeks old , i know its hectic, but try asking your surrounding to help you .

TapFluencer

Carry. 2 weeks is still young they are still new to the outside world, they would want some assurance and comfort.

VIP Member

Carry. Will only try cry out method when baby is older. Sometimes all the want is just that little comfort from us

Super Mum

Carry. Baby’s so young and scared of this world. Cry it out/teaching of self soothing can wait till later

2weeks too young for CIO. carry as they still getting used to the environment and your smell to sooth.

Carry. He is only 2 weeks old and too young for CIO method. Give him your love and comfort mummy😊