15 Replies

It depends on individuals. Maternity bra is a souped-up version of a regular bra – specifically designed to comfortably support your growing breasts during pregnancy. Wider straps, a soft cotton lining, and extra hooks and eyes on the band are just a few of the features you'll typically find in a maternity bra. Maternity bras usually don't have underwire cups. Note: Some regular bras offer these features as well and will work fine during pregnancy. Maternity and nursing bras differ in one basic way: Nursing bras have clasps or panels that allow easy access to the nipples for breastfeeding. Many women prefer a combination of both, buying maternity bras or larger sizes of their favorite pre-pregnancy bra in the beginning and switching to nursing bras somewhere in the middle of the third trimester. If you do buy nursing bras to wear during pregnancy, make sure they give you room to grow. Your breasts may go up another cup size or two after your baby arrives and your milk comes in.

VIP Member

Nursing bras has this flap that opens up so that its much easier during nursing. This is especially helpful if you are nursing on the go outside. You can use a maternity bra if you really want to but you will need to push down the whole bra cup to expose your nipples, which isn't very discreet. I personally prefer using nursing bras as I like to nurse in public and I can nurse quickly with a nursing top and a nursing bra.

i used nursing bras only for my first baby, but there are some maternity bras also that come with a nursing flap and can be used easily while breastfeeding. i used them for my second baby and it was absolutely fine. not all maternity bras have that option though, so you will have to first check that option and then see.

Some of my friends find nursing bras really uncomfortable, especially when they are sleeping and they choose to wear camisoles with in-built bra padding instead. I think one of them uses UNIQLO's bra tops.

VIP Member

Nursing bras make it convenient to pump or latch baby. They also have no wires or padding. Here are the various types of nursing bras you can choose. I personally prefer the ones with front zipper.

I used the same nursing bra for my first with my second child. I find that it's more comfortable and convenient too

I used a nursing bra for my first child. With my second in just using my normal bras and it works dor me.

I personally prefer to use the padded tank top from UNIQLO.

VIP Member

Yes you can use maternity bra. Whichever you feel comfy :)

thanks